Friday, April 26, 2013

Sonya Jevette's Wobbly Wobbly Comes Back to Cat's Art MusikCircus

Sonya Jevette came back last night to Cat's Art MusikCircus as we have been dying to hear her show again.  She definitely had her Texas look too!


The problems at the two previous shows were gone and that's a tremendous step forward but I'd be lying to tell you that there were no problems at all.  It would be grossly disrespectful to Sonya and the MusikCircus to go into what might have been causing them as that is business that gets handled offline. What's important is to let Sonya know we love her and her music and will help to get it all the way back to where it was.  Most of the time last night her sound was just right but there some strange things happening sometimes and those we can get fixed.

One of the highlights of Sonya's show is the "Big Girls" song and it's always fun to get up on the stage with her for that one.


From left to right, Nabs (Nabster Knave), Cat Boucher, Sonya Jevette, Silas Scarborough

If you're thinking Cat is blowing bubble gum, well, yes.  She is (laughs).  It's all part of the "Big Girls" song and you can hear it at Sonya's Web site.  Keep in mind that the arrangement recorded on her Web site is for a full band but that isn't the way she performs it at Cat's MusikCircus.  It sounds cool either way, tho.

Only Cat and Sonya need the details of it but I worked with Sonya last week to help with the sound and I'll be more than happy to do it again.  Last night was almost all the way back to the excellent sound she has always delivered and we will get it there again.  There isn't much farther to go.

And of course Cat and I danced


And of course she was still blowing bubble gum!


News of Friday shows:

Risot Rolna is a Hungarian musician he will be performing at 12pm SLT / PDT.  I have not heard his live set so I'm most curious.  In the U.S. that looks like a very strange time for a show but, on Eastern European Time (i.e. Greece), that is 10pm.  I think Hungary is in the same time zone or one hour earlier. Regardless of where you are, we hope you can be there to hear him play.

Joaquin Gustav is an Argentinian guitarist who will be performing at 2pm SLT / PDT and I've talked about the delightfully romantic music he makes many times.  There will be a different twist tonight as he will be playing electric jazz so definitely look for a surprise in Joaquin's set.

Voodoo Shilton won't be able to play as he will be in the air on the way to L.A.  He's going to meet and jam with a friend with whom he has dual-streamed music into Second Life.  To me, it's no jam unless you can see each other's eyes as there is more than one kind of language musicians use in a jam. Out in L.A., Voodoo will have it all and Cat said he's quite excited about it.  Break a leg!


Whether I play after Joaquin remains to be seen.  Cat and I haven't talked about it as I also enjoy very much playing privately for her.  We shall see how it will go and you all will be the first to know if we decide to make it public.

As to the problem that woke me up and got me out of bed last night, it suddenly dawned on me how to eliminate the propagation delay that has plagued me.  Yes, it worked.  Yahoo!  However, it is not possible to use backtracks if I do that.  The reason it worked previously is that I fed the backtracks to the mixer from a different computer but that requires another audio interface.  Some of you know where the other one went and I have no explanation for why it was not returned.  Perhaps it is for the best as I really don't want to get carried away with retrospective shows anyway.

No comments: