Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Report from Last Night's Show at Cat's Art MusikCircus

When last seen, Lefty Unplugged / Kevin Farrell was battling viral demons on his PC.  At the same time, Cat had to take her system down due to lightning storms in Bavaria.  Last night was definitely orchestrated by the Dark Forces and it's clear they don't like music very much!

Fortunately, Cat and I had talked earlier as we knew Lefty was having troubles and from that decided to hold off on any publicity for the show until we got a high sign from it that he was ready.  That never came so we never advertised anything.  That was very good as venue owners would rather eat worms than cancel shows.  It's also good the other way around as Lefty would have been disappointed if Cat couldn't be there for the show.

So Lefty couldn't play last night but here's a video recorded by my friend, Ron Bizzle, at Cat's Art MusikCircus in a previous performance:




I had told Cat if Lefty couldn't get there then I would play instead and that's what happened.  I decided not to post anything in particular and if anyone showed up then I would tell them what happened and everything would be fine.  And that's what happened!


For Tuesday Night:

Michi Renoir will return and, like last week, I will play a set after his show.  Janeel Kharg said he has a surprise for Cat this week but his shows are a surprise every week so it's not entirely clear what she means ... but that's what is fun about surprises.  Hopefully I'll find some surprises of my own and we will light it up tonight at Cat's Art MusikCircus.


Beware:  Geek Alert

Playing last night went off as a test of my equipment setup and Yevette Nishi showed up.  She's heard me screwing around with equipment many times so it was cool just hanging out.

I can cheerfully report there is no propagation delay the way I was doing it.  However, there is no way to use back tracks either.

There remains one more option for using back tracks as I can feed them from iTunes via the iPad into the looper as an 'instrument' and that's novel but hardly impressive technically or practically.  Nevertheless, it would work and it's worth an experiment.

There's an additional consideration in that running another input into the looper will attenuate the signal from the guitar so that means more knob-twiddling to get it all balanced.  I don't want to twiddle knobs, I want to play!

End of Geek Alert

No comments: