Sunday, April 21, 2013

Working up the Set

Some of you may remember hammerhead tunes like "Down for the Count" and "Guitar Mayhem" and the like.  I've been working them up for live as I just can't do them the same way I did before.  If I go back to a tune, I've just got to screw with it.  That is all working well and this stuff will almost certainly be rolling out tomorrow night.

The biggest deal isn't so much putting it together but rather getting carried away with it as this setup can easily do ear damage.  It's so crazy loud that it's making the ringing in my ears go up each time.  The keyword is crazy as the cause and effect is not too difficult too discern!  It is wicked fun to play like that, tho!  (laughs)  I haven't been able to get it cranked like this in some time but I still have to be cool about it.  Headphones are vastly more dangerous than amplifiers for melting your ears.

More to come.  Right now I'll be heading into Second Life to check out Benno and the Cheerleaders which is crazy a whole different way as Benno has up to twenty cheerleaders performing on-stage with him at once.  It is one major spectacle!

Later on will be Fingersatz Barbosa who plays beautiful classical guitar.  There's no chance I'll follow him as people who like that style will run for their lives when they hear me.  I'll never forget Circe asking me to fill in for someone who was to play after a dry jazz set.  When I started, they were climbing over each other trying to get out.  Funniest damn thing I ever saw in the virtual world!

No comments: