Monday, April 22, 2013

MSC Divina Comes to Port of Katakolon

There she is being all regal at the dock.  The size of these ships amazes me every time.



There were tourists all over the place.  I just went down there to get my Monday morning loaf of bread and didn't know a ship was in-port but ran into people all over.  While riding, one must absolutely not intimidate the tourists as they bring the gravy and the people of Katakolon would take a very, very dim view of it!


These little buggies crack me up!



They're goofy but I think they're charming and the people riding them get a much better trip around the landscape than you will get in a taxi or a bus.  This is a very pastoral area and these buggies go right out there into it.

The INTERNET sign amuses me too.  Do these people really look like they give a rip about the Internet!



This is down by the waterfront cafes and there soooo many people!  It really wasn't crowded, just lots of people wandering about.  Quite charming, really!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

where will you be say mid june and what is the temp there then

Unknown said...

Most likely still here as that's not much more than a month and a half from now. The temp now runs in the seventies but I imagine it will be hitting some big numbers that close to July. It's not uncommon at all to go over 100F. As with anywhere else, that's probably most uncomfortable on the back end of the Summer rather than the front but it's still pretty hot! Still, there are beaches everywhere and, by law, all of them are public access.

Anonymous said...

I am too old for 100+ so maybe sept

Unknown said...

I just looked at a holiday-weather site and it's saying daily average for Katakolon is 72F. I know it hits extremes here but apparently not that early in the summer: http://www.holiday-weather.com/katakolon/averages/june/

Unknown said...

Katakolon Weather in June