Monday, April 22, 2013

You Haven't Even Begun to See Rock Explosions Yet!

Back in the I'm bad, I'm bad, I'm bad Silas days, I performed with the Dangerous Beauties and we were constantly blowing stuff up.  They never ever did stripper acts or used dance poles, etc but they sure did  love cool outfits and explosions.  They would dance on each side of me and fireworks would be shooting off all over the place.  It was completely insane but it looked so cool.  I was too busy playing to do that much so Telia and Silky handled most of it and they were damn good at it.  Telia was the Queen of Pyro and she used to make the most massive explosions!

So Telia and Silky went on to other things a long time ago but the beat goes on and I'm so totally delighted to be playing live again.  Goofing around in the studio is ok but live is the real thing.  It doesn't matter what you've got if you can't bring it to people so I'm really ecstatic over it.  I will do another set tonight and was working more on the set list this morning as I want this to be much more hard-core than the last one.  Well, it will be as the tracks are all laid out and ready to rip!

But that won't even be the biggest explosion.  Cat came up with an idea and there was some more talk of it this morning.  I'll tell you this much:  collaboration makes anything better.  What kind of collaboration is a surprise that I will have great difficulty keeping to myself!

I really have no interest in playing anywhere but her MusikCircus (plus one other her friend operates) but that doesn't limit me at all as it's far and away the coolest venue in Second Life.  There are others that draw more people but many of them are stooges and shills while a good many others are in Voice with each other and aren't even listening.  (No, I'm not kidding)  When people come to the MusikCircus you bet they're listening as it's not a pick-up bar but rather a music venue and there are two operative words:  DON'T SUCK!  (laughs)

I always would try anything the last time around and it looks like that's happening again.  It's all most exciting!

The ultra-big win is making this cool enough that you come into Second Life when you don't use it now.  I can shoot videos and record music all I like but neither are at all the same as listening to the music surrounding you while you're in a 3D world with stuff happening all over the place.  It's totally immersive and not at all an escape but rather a trip of the finest kind!  There's simply no other way you can get there.

No comments: