Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pouring One Song After the Other into the Set

While I love to improv, it's good to have some foundation songs that are good for, well, blowing things up as it's not rock without explosions!  I've been going through my stuff and there are songs for which I don't even remember the names.  It's not so much stoner stuff but rather I'd lose interest once it was recorded and then do something else.

Songs already set up are "Empire," "Waiting on a Train" (rock version), "Woman in the Snow" (rock version with keys), "Drifting," "Ice Cream Blues," and more.  These ones weren't forgotten but I have been moving away from back tracks for some while.  There's no good reason to throw this stuff away!  If I didn't like them I wouldn't have laid them down in the first place.  The objective isn't to do some kind of Silas Nostalgia Tour as I loathe that word but rather there some tunes that weren't too bad and I ain't chucking them!

Cat has started a bit of a fire!  (laughs)

No comments: