Monday, April 15, 2013

"Down for the Count" Climbs Back Up Again

"Down for the Count" is one of many tunes that were abandoned during the Years of Darkness.  I went back to check it out and wasn't at all happy with the original mix but that is now largely fixed and it is rolling some serious thunder.  I want to work it back up again as it's another one with Vicki Nilsson playing drums and she hammers them into the ground!  It's me on bass, guitar, and keys.

I got a new lead line recorded but I'll do it some more as it's not a noodling kind of tune.

Update:  I wrote the above last night but there wasn't enough beef to it so I left it.  I worked on the song more this morning as the guy next-door is off shooting bad guys somewhere.  I shouldn't paint him as a thug as his name is Nikos and he seems quite a decent fellow ... just don't piss him off (laughs).

"Down for the Count" is not about being down there but rather about getting back up again.  Until the count is over, you ain't done yet!


There was some more hooting and stupid threats from the Birdman over the weekend and it included informing me that I'm talentless and dickless.  The former may be true but I checked and the latter is not.  However, I went to see what this famous guitarist has for talent of his own and listened to a video in which he sat in with Cypress Rosewood who does an ambient kind of set in SL.  What Cypress was doing was imaginative but the Birdman was just playing boring amelodic squirrel scales like he was running a wheel in a cage.  He's got a LOT of balls calling anyone else talentless (laughs).

I replied to the threats that I had heard he was creative but it isn't in his guitar playing and his messages are all pretty much the same.  Does he do bird calls.  I have not, thus far, received an answer.


Down for the count?  No fookin' way!

No comments: