Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Morning Ride to Katakolon w/pics

Cat is less than impressed by artificial things but there's an obscene grandeur to cruise ships that fascinates me.  They're coming two-by-two to Katakolon these days as it is much warmer and it's very pleasant down there.  There were two in-port yesterday as well.


There's one tiny tugboat in front of the second one and it must have a beast of a motor in it to handle these monsters as it's the only one.




Contrasting the massive wealth of the cruise ships are the waterfront cafes as all of them are small and most or all are owned by families.




The size of these things gets me every time.  I see all the lifeboats along the side but I have a tough time believing they could really get everyone on the ship into them if a disaster came.  I'm sure they have the capacity for everyone but the tactical problems in managing so many people in a crisis can only be truly tested by having a crisis.


And here are enough taxis to support the D-Day invasion!  (I'm pretty sure every single one of them is a Merc!)


No comments: