Sunday, May 24, 2015

Possible Problem with Booting from an SSD

The incredible speed of booting from an SSD is exceptionally excellent but there may be a consideration to it.  When windows are re-opened automatically on restart and Safari is one of them, it will try to re-open its tabs before Internet connectivity is fully-established.  Ordinarily it will wait until Internet comes alive and will then paint the windows in Safari but maybe that also is now a problem.

It seems abundantly clear to me Safari is the perpetrator but how it can possibly do sufficient damage to crash the system when Safari is not running is a mystery.

Maybe you think this is grasping at straws but the situation has nothing but straws.  There is no other software running.

Stand back for plain English:  I'm sick to fuckin' death of this mystery.


And that's another thing:  I go to watch the Indy 500 a little bit and all the cars I see are red, white, or blue, except for a single yellow one.  Man, these guys so need to talk to NASCAR.  Those boys know how to paint a racing car in some color other than boring.

I think the Indy 500 has been taken over by terrorists and the colors are a disguise as the commentary is so Wolf Blitzer.  Helioneves takes his pit stop now and the pit crew is careful so they don't even drop a lug nut.

Go home, Wolfie.  This is not for you.  Pfft.


And that's another damn thing (larfs):  Lotho tells me the Monaco had some difficulties during the running of that race.  I'm not sure what they were but of one thing I'm positive, that's one of the most beautiful race tracks in the world and Monaco is the first place that comes to mind when I think elegance.

I went there on my scooter, you know, and ...

(Ed:  shut up.  You have told that story so many times.  How about what you did in summer camp as I bet that's a thrill.)

I did not (sob) go to summer camp.


Residual coolness will return as we must maintain but, dayum, circumstances sure do push that sometimes.

No comments: