Monday, May 25, 2015

How Apple is Mystified Too and Australians Are Afraid of Koala Bears

When you talk to God, likely the last answer you want to hear is, "Sorry, man.  I just don't know."

As far as I can tell no-one has seen Apple systems crashing like this.  I know I haven't and I've been using them for thirty years.

Software guys say it must be hardware and the hardware guys say it's all green, there's nothing wrong it.  There's nothing unusual in this as it's the oldest game in data processing for when there's a really thorny problem.

From my own unwashed perspective, I've never seen a hardware problem that was recoverable.  In other words, I've never had a hardware problem that would permit me to boot and act like it never happened.

Some of you know the material better than I and will know the significance of the fact there are no launch agents / daemons in the system and this is because I didn't install anything beyond Yosemite 10.10.3 on it.

No, I am not a victim but I am one helluva frustrated computer user.  When you've got a problem and it even stumps the Holy Court of Computer Gods, in Australia they call that 'being up a gum tree.'  I'm not sure what is bad about being up a gum tree but maybe they have a clinical fear of koala bears.  Australians also drink a lot.  So.

Since masochism is the better part of fixing recalcitrant computers, the iMac will be moved back to the primary position on the desk and I will attempt to continue, albeit without any Safari extensions which are hardly mission-critical components.


Updated:

Scratch that.  I tried to turn on WiFi so I could try Safari where it sits.  Crashed again.  Apple Store is the only answer.

No comments: