Thursday, May 28, 2015

Yosemite 10.10.3 Wars Return to the Rockhouse

The iMac has returned, problem unresolved, and I'm working up the heart to wade back into this Yosemite 10.10.3 war again.  I looked back and this started on April 22 so it's now almost five weeks the iMac has been a smoldering wreckage.

Apple Store was advised the problem was not resolved but I would be taking it forward with AppleCare.  I advised the guy that one fellow had suggested waiting for Yosemite 10.10.4.   (waves hand in his dismissal)  Sit down.

He laughed.  At least someone gets it and the campaign moves along.


"Once more we play our dangerous game"

That may be the best little-used systems programmer movie line ever.  They love to use expressions like 'lock and load' and 'I love the smell of napalm in the morning' and those are ok for phony bravado in the face of something which can only hurt you if it shorts out and catches fire.  'Once more we play our dangerous game' has more of an air of benign foreboding and I love that.

No comments: