Saturday, May 23, 2015

Sending Some Love to a Mother Who Really Got Lost

The story is stab-you-in-the-heart sad and you would be well-advised to bail out now if you don't want to deal with that.


I'm not kidding.  It's a heartbreaker.


So, a woman was seen in a park where she had been pushing a kid on a swing for what seemed to someone an extremely long time and the police were called.  They discovered the three-year-old kid in the swing was dead and the mother may have been pushing him in that swing all night.

The thing that struck me to comment was I heard multiple people say it was very sad and one guy said explicitly how sad it was for the kid but I didn't hear anyone speak for the kid's mother.

Maybe they think the mother killed the kid but I don't know that.  Sometimes they just break.  They get that SIDS and suddenly die, seemingly for no reason at all.  Maybe even now they haven't figured out why that happens.

What I do know is she couldn't stand to let her baby go so she finds something where she doesn't have to believe he is gone and she stays there with him because somewhere in her head she knows any movement will break the illusion.

I'm sorry the kid is gone but his troubles are over.  My heart breaks for the mother and it doesn't matter much if I send her some love but I hope someone close to her can.


In my view, it was singularly tasteless of CNN to run the story as it's not news by any stretch.  It's a family's tragedy and no-one's business but their own.

No comments: