Sunday, May 24, 2015

Most recent communication with Apple

I apologize for the anger as that's neither professional nor useful.

The system was box stock Yosemite 10.10.3 as initialized by the Apple Store.  Nothing much was done to it except setting system preferences and bringing devices online, none of which loaded any software directly although possibly device drivers or some such comes from the disks.  The only software running was Safari as I wanted to keep the focus as narrow as possible. Absolutely nothing shall run before Yosemite 10.10.3 is fully vindicated.

So it went for about thirty hours of blissful peace.   I loaded the extensions from the Apple Extensions page and the system was down in minutes. I removed them and it stay up all night.  I loaded them again as no test means anything if it can't be duplicated and, again, it crashed immediately.  The difference this time was it wouldn't come back up again and whatever problem existed previously has been triggered again as it even crashes in Safe Mode.  At that point I threw up my hands and unplugged it.

I'm back now on a laptop and every time I go back to a laptop, it reminds how these underpowered dolts should not be used anywhere but aircraft, the middle of the desert, or Starbucks, none of which hold any interest for me.  The iMac was sparkling and the general speed was impressive. Previously I ran a couple of Mac Pros and they had nothing on a newer iMac for snappy performance.  I'm sure it can't touch them for the long-haul stuff such as video rendering / transcoding but I saw it running 10.10.2 for long enough to know it's an excellent machine.

No comments: