Wednesday, May 27, 2015

"Taking a Walk with Cat in Fort Worth" (video)

Cat and I have walked around in quite a few countries now but not so much in America.  This one isn't about music unless you count the birds ... and there are lots of them.  You won't see them but you will know they are all around.  This isn't downtown, there are no statues, and there is no modern art.  All of that stuff is around here but this is where people really live.

For security reasons, the house in which I'm staying is not shown.  That has nothing to do with the neighborhood but rather the Internet.




The audio is unusual and footfall sounds really do seem to be my feet rather than the camera jostling around as I didn't notice it or not much when walking over grass.  So it's unusual but I hope you enjoy it anyway.

The first house you will see has been in restoration for a long time as these aren't rich Yuppies doing it but rather people who come out when they can and slowly rebuild.  You'll see they are doing remarkable jobs on them.  This is not regarded as a good place to live because it's largely Hispanic but I don't carry a gun and I have no need for one.  Guns are attracted to booze, dope and money and, baby, I ain't carryin'.  It's just me, nothin' in me pockets.

A lot of people say this isn't America but I'm living in the middle of it and you'll see the flags.  Regardless of what you may think of overt patriotism, there's a bigger meaning to it here.  They face heavy opposition and they love the country anyway.  And assuming the people are illegal is vicious rubbish.  People tell me they see so much but they will have to open their eyes to convince me.

I hope you enjoy it.  Much love from both of us.

No comments: