Friday, May 22, 2015

Celebrating the Friday Double Double

Yevette was talking as I was preparing and said, "People don't help each other anymore."

That was the lament as I sliced the sandwich to split it with her.  "Ela, Ela.  I make this sandwich and we share it."

(That's not her name but rather Greek for 'come on')

It doesn't have the same ring when you say most people won't help each other as it doesn't have enough despair.  That only means one thing:  back to conspiracy theories and she does find some great ones.


The Friday Double was made famous by Catholics as they dodged one mortal sin or another by never eating meat on Friday.  Whatever it was apparently isn't a mortal sin anymore or not one that counts, I don't understand how that works.  In any case, you don't go to hell for eating burgers on a Friday now.  I don't know when the Pope will make the sandwich a saint but it's inevitable.

The sandwich needs a couple of slices of toaster bread and it needs layers of mayo, tomato, cheese, and a sliced egg ... and another layer of mayo.  Don't look for organic as all of this stuff is organic already.  The only question is whether some food corporation skanked it with something.  With this stuff, tho, there's no way it can hurt you unless the demon government agency puts nanobots inside the produce.  What the hell ... it could happen.

I hardly ever wash produce.  I'm sixty-four as opposed to being dead.  Parts don't fall off or not much and I'm not overweight.  I see people the same age and I know I look awful but they look like they already died and somebody dug them back up again.  I rest my case.

And, says he with a sexy TV delivery, the Friday Double Double is not just for Fridays anymore.

Cheap, easy, tastes surprisingly and fills you right up.  Perfect.  I eat them frequently and it seems Yevette gets hooked on them as well.  It sounds bland but it's a good combination and it's even wholesome.  I'm pretty sure no-one ever vapor-locked from eating a tomato.

No comments: