Thursday, May 28, 2015

Father Bill Pruett of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma

Maybe you want to take a look at Father Bill Pruett of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma.  He was a good friend in the Army and I know he's a good and bright man. If he speaks, I will believe him.  I may disagree with some of what he says but I will believe his Truth in what he sees.  Politicos I don't believe for a moment as they seek only to curry favor with honest men such as Father Pruett.

There has been no contact although I have followed, with admiration, his career, devotion, or whatever you call it.  I've never been quite sure what to say as hey, Faddah, can God make a rock that he himself cannot lift it.  I'm sure he would be amused and he would know the source of the line.  I've been oddly afraid to get in touch with him but that means immediately only one thing: do it.

So, Faddah, can God, uh, lift a rock ...



Note: the above was lifted from a following article about politicos and which was updated after I originally submitted it.  I frequently do that with articles as I'll review them to further proof them and mistakes always get through.  Often I will add something at the same time.  In any case, the political aspect is trivial and they only speak of trivial things but this one takes me to Deep Thought.


It's not that I should get in touch with him but really I must as reviewing the evolution of perspectives could be a fascinating correspondence.  Perhaps nothing comes of it because he's become a hard-shelled philosophical turtle.  Sometimes that happens but he is the last in whom I would anticipate that.  He's a man of thought before dogma so, yep, the answer is the same:  get in touch.

He may be annoyed at the way I slam Oklahoma but his perspective on it would be absolutely fascinating.  He's right in the thick of it, dead center in the Bible Belt, so what you do see, Father Bill?


My purpose in contact isn't for guidance or support but rather I desperately need to find people who don't throw narrow-minded bullshit at me.  He has seen many things as I met him in the Army and he was not a priest at the time.  He has also served in Vietnam but not as a priest.


In fact, it would be wonderfully excellent to shoot a video in which the two of us were to talk of the State of Things.  Quite some time ago, G. Gordon Liddy, a clownish but exceptionally bright right-wing speaker, did a tour with ... get this ... Timothy Leary.  Although I did not attend, I'm told the conversation they had with each other was and you don't hear this one too often: scintillating.  When you have some bright people with sharply opposing views and they can talk without throwing things at each other, that can make a fascinating evening.  Politicians only shadow dance but talking with Father Pruett could be for real and I'm getting highly intrigued by the idea.

There is an odd reticence and that's unusual but the answer is still the same.

No comments: