Sunday, March 22, 2015

Trippin' in Palo Duro Canyon

Palo Duro Canyon has an ancient history with native Americans and the land is now protected ... as a U.S. National Park.  That's a bizarre irony but at least it is preserved and no-one can build a condo out there.

There is over 9 GB of HD 1080 video from driving through the canyon and I figured it's not really a sightseeing tour as the cam looks straight out the front window of the truck.  Therefore I have full license to screw with it.

The result is full trips and this may result in the situation where I wind up thinking after that the stock version is better but I don't think so.  That's cool for hummingbirds but they're moving way too fast for trippin'.  Palo Duro Canyon is a place for a whole lot of trippin' as the southwestern U.S. has all kinds of stuff that will stone you and you bet the native Americans knew about all of it.

So I decided nuts is the answer for this one and it's end-to-end hallucinogenic fun for the whole family.

The final video will be huge and I haven't decided on uploading it.  For now it's in the Holy Mackerel, Check That Out stage.  The reason for doing this is it's high-quality video and I don't want to chuck it.


More video is being discovered as Final Cut Pro really has made managing files more straight-up.  As a result things that were lost get found.

No comments: