Wednesday, March 11, 2015

"Making Rainbows" w/Zero Video Tricks This Time (video)

"Making Rainbows" the First looked kind of cool the other day but I was not satisfied with the audio even if the rainbows were nicely tripulous.  "Making Rainbows HD" the Second has no video effects but the audio is significantly better.  Even though there is no video trickery, I like this one better overall.




Using Final Cut showed what the new used computer was meant to do.  It's been agonizing previously as everything took soooooo long but it's tremendously improved.  Thank you, People of the Future.    This opens the potential for doing things that were previously impossible.

I was tempted to force Final Cut to work harder by adding video effects to the process as that will always hammer the rendering time ... but I didn't see any reason to change how it shows.  It's a straight-up video with no tricks and that's a bit unusual for me but I like the result.

Note to all who freeze yer butts in the snow.  I'm really sorry about recording this while I wear shorts.  Really.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I am laying on the beach no really
Saw my first nurse shark laying under a coral shelf in the Molasses reef

Unknown said...

I can't tell if you're serious. The Molasses reef sounds like something from a Beatles song!

Anonymous said...

Molasses reef is part of the Florida reef system 3rd largest
While Belize and Great Barrier are more diverse It is still an awesome place to get into the water
Water clarity is good to about 40-50 ft
Not the incredible blue of Cayman or Cozumel
Only issue yesterday was the amount of Man of Wars in the area and the seas were 3-5 ft so more tiring than normal

Unknown said...

Oh man, that wouldn't just be making rainbows, that would be snorkeling inside one! I know the Little One isn't ready for that but can you imagine when she sees it for the first time.

That sounds absolutely fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Yes, seems like the quality is pretty good! Audio too with no additional speakers on. ML

Unknown said...

I'm pleased with this one as all of them surprise me when I see them because I don't know for sure what will happen. Doing it without any flash bang makes a good change and I got a kick out of the look at the end. Dayum, that is one seriously tripped-out individual. Then the smile at the camera as I come back to this world. I do get a kick out of that.