Thursday, March 19, 2015

"The End of the World in Fort Worth" - About those Gangsters

Another article goes on about a short riff in the tune that bugs me because I can't place where I have heard it.  There are only eight notes and it sounds like something out of a gangster movie with a highly mournful sax.  Poor dead gangster.  That makes sense, naturally.

(Ed:  mournful?  What kind of salvation is that?)

After killing off all the people in Fort Worth, I thought showing them a bit of respect wouldn't be such a bad idea.  This isn't going to change anything about the party at the Rockhouse but it will make the transition more interesting.

Yevette has lived quite a bit of her life in Fort Worth and she thinks the treatment of the city is good.  So long as a real-life native Fort Worthian thinks it's respectful, all is good.

Note:  she didn't think doing the Aztec human sacrifice at the Water Gardens was such a good plan, tho.


The people of Fort Worth don't die but rather they disappear.  There was the suggestion to zap them with lasers to vaporize them but story line I'll hold is that the city eats them.  People go into the city and then they get sucked into cubicles where they're stuck for thirty years.  So ... no vaporizing.  I'm fine with doing it in another one but it doesn't work for this story.

Besides, if I create the idea of monsters then I have to show them or what kind of worthless horror is that.  It worked keeping the monsters inside Hannibal Lector's head but there's a whole treatise on cinema for that.


Cat has a low-res copy of the video but she didn't have time to comment and it will be most interesting.  If anyone can name that tune, it's her.

This may seem like nitpicking but it's fundamental as the riff will come back later and it won't be as a two-bar loop that repeats until I get tired of playing the guitar.  I do think the intro is at least medium cool so the music has to live up to that.  If it's musical salvation until the demons from the other dimension come to snuff you then let's have some of that and definitely nothing mournful.


To some extent I'm dragging this out as I like it that the song can be anything I want from here.  Once I put a track out there, an 'image' is created and people get highly bummed if you make something pretty and then change it.  With the video it's ok doing Take I, Take II, etc as we can talk about the bits as they go together but that doesn't at all work with the music so the next time I post the video it will be at or very near the finish.


People of the Future, the new used Mac smokes through Final Cut.  I only thought it was agonizing using the laptop.  If I had known how much incredibly faster this one can get it done, I would have called it agonizing like sticking burning pokers in yer eyes.  Yeah, and that has got to hurt.

There's a spinner to show progress on rendering the video and that thing climbs like the tach on a Ferrari.  That is the number one most killin' horrible thing about video, waiting for it to render.  That situation is supremely nailed.

No comments: