Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Right Proper Smackdown It Was Too

Cat saw the "Making Rainbows HD" video and I'm pleased to say she liked it ... all except one thing. She only had one little question ... well, one big question ... or, more accurately, one huge question:

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THAT FUCKING CIGARETTE

(No, those are not the exact words as she was very polite ... but delivered a whole lot of whoop-ass)

NOT ONLY DO YOU SMOKE, YOU PUT THE CIGARETTE ON THE GUITAR.  WHAT KIND OF HEATHEN DOES THIS?

(She didn't say it that way exactly either but do believe the lady can deliver a punch without raising her voice.)

I can't promise I'll quit smoking as it would be pointless.  Either I do or I don't and talk is irrelevant.  However, I can absolutely promise you will not see another cigarette in a video or, more specifically, Cat won't.

This is not a payback smackdown for Cat as what she did was beautiful.  Satisfied she had made her point, we were laughing about something else a few minutes later.

Cat, what you said was a perfect.  If I wanted a 'yes woman' then I'd find me one of those Stepford Wives who go to fetch your slippers for you or puff up your pillow and just generally bug the living hell out of you.  I think such women are only in movies but what do I care as I don't want one anyway.


The unusual thing is that computers are cigarette magnets as I smoke very little any other time.  Don't read this as defensiveness as it's not, it's just unusual.  When I find a good answer for that then there's a good chance of quitting.  Otherwise, probably not so much.


As to the actual state of health, not much change.  Lungs are screwed by emphysema as cancer is eliminated or moving so slowly that it doesn't matter much.  Emphysema is incurable but it's also slow-moving.  A lot of stuff is busted or not running so well but that's the big stuff.

I have not been back to the VA for months as there's nothing they can really do.  There is only one effective treatment and that's to quit smoking as that gives an immediate benefit to my lungs and my heart.  Voltaire said a long time ago it's the job of the doctor to amuse the patient while nature cures the disease and he's right.  I can amuse myself just fine and Mother Nature will do just fine if I stop pissing her off by lighting cigarettes.


Cat, I love you.  Don't change a thing!

No comments: