Sunday, March 22, 2015

Rainy Days and Sundays

They don't get me down ... but they don't get any video shot either.

The walking around part that shows the mural of all the charging cattle ... but ... it doesn't show the mural very well.  This has come up multiple times in talking with Yevette and not because she rides me about it but rather what's the best way to get the coverage since there's no question the mural needs to be in the viddie.

My biggest concern really is that I'm not exactly sure how to find the mural again.  That's not a nail-biting dilemma but it's a consideration at five in the morning as you don't want to get up early just to drive around in circles lost downtown.  An example is the bridge with all the lights at the start of the video.  I had never seen it before and was just roaming.  On seeing it, of course it has to be in the video as it's one cool looking bridge.  As to finding it again ... no possible chance.

Some stuff that definitely will not be in this video is anything from the Stockyards.  Maybe I'll go there for some footage for something else but that aspect of Fort Worth is the AAA drivers club view and that's ok if Fort Worth is nothing but rodeo to you but that doesn't work in this story.

Something else highly important to Fort Worth is Radio Shack as this is / was their corporate headquarters.  I have considered and rejected several times 'innocently' including a fly-by that shows their building.  It's still a possibility because it's a clear example to me of something that was 'eaten by the city' but doing that may inject a bit of political and I don't want that.  If it's the end of the world, your politics don't matter as we all goin' down.

This comes into the category of doing tricks just for the sake of doing tricks ... but ... I wonder if I could poof the whole Radio Shack building just like the people and cars in the rest of the end of the world part.

(Ed:  this is a bad idea)

You're right.  Going even close to the story of Radio Shack is a whole world of tragedy that brings nothing but real heartache.  When I vaporize anonymous people on the street, it's just sci-fi and, what the hell, let's fry a whole busload.  When I take out Radio Shack, even though real life is what really did it, there's a long story of human tragedy for a whole lot of people.  That goes out to the story of Sears and Americana in general.

Definitely leave that alone.  It's a valid story to tell but not at the same time as the current story.


So, I just need that damn mural and I only need twenty or thirty seconds of it!  I knew the week-end was likely a write-off due to rain so tomorrow morning is most likely.

No comments: