Sunday, March 29, 2015

What Happened to the Video

Things aren't exactly optimal.  It's boring and it sucks so that's why no news just now.

There hasn't been much but I did do a brief bit with the subject standing in different places in the yard.  In this way the subject can instantly teleport to multiple places in the yard by cutting out the walking part in-between.  With copy and paste of short clips, the subject can bounce around like he's in a pachinko machine.  Another trick that's cheesy but still cool to watch is to crop the screen into quarters and get the same subject in four places at the same time but doing different things.

I wasn't so gung ho for the shoot that I changed clothes or hats or anything in-between positions and you'd have to be fast to do it as you need the same or very similar light for each pose of the subject or you won't be able to do any tricks with both on the screen at once.  To do it, leave the camera running the entire time.  Don't even breathe on it.

The result was about ten minutes of video of some idiot walking around the front yard and standing about for no particular reason ... but ... after editing out the walking parts, the idiot jumps around all over the place.  As if by magic, man.

The bit with the Christmas lights on the porch hasn't happened in part because I'd feel like an idiot standing on the porch covered in Christmas lights.  It would still look pretty cool, particularly with smoke.  The scene is valid for what I want to do but who stands on a porch, festooned with Christmas lights, and waves at a camera like an idiot.

(Ed:  crazy fuckers?)

Nah.  You see in the news what crazy fuckers do.  It's always the polite, quiet ones.  Oh, did you hear?  Chris Christie ate his whole family.  My God.  And he was such a nice young man too.

So the cop on being a crazy fucker isn't going to do it.  I really don't think eating my family sounds like a good idea and I have trouble eating anyway.  I also have no plans for crashing things and being famous for making lots of people dead.

People call me crazy all the time but I don't think of shit like that.  I just think of getting hammered and hanging Christmas lights around my neck like a fookin' idiot.

Note:  if reefer really made you more creative, Justin Bieber would be the fookin' new Jimi Hendrix


I should follow Pol Arida's lead on video as that cat just doesn't care.  He goes full greasepaint if he thinks the shot warrants it.  I really want to shoot some cool video but I've screwed with greasepaint before and no way am I doing that again ... but ... if he can do greasepaint surely I can do Christmas lights.

Part of the reticence is someone sees it and comes up to ask, "Hola, senor.  wtf are you doing?"

Whoa, that's a long answer.

No comments: