Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Silas Experimental Show at the Circus

Tonight I went in to hear Maestro Michi play and after his set I asked Cat about experimenting with the new setup.  She was fine with it so off we go.

The object was to see if the balance between back tracks is the same in what was recorded as what I was hearing while I was playing.  I have not yet listened to the recordings so the verdict will come later.

There will be a good bit of disappointment if it didn't work out as I took a shot at "On a Grecian Morning" and I thought it sounded pretty swell.  If the mix wasn't right then it gets dumped and that would be a shame.  Hopefully it did work and I'll put it on the podcast if it did.


Overall the back tracks worked well but doing this is not very experimental for me as I've been using back tracks for years.  It wasn't until I started playing at the MusikCircus that I switched to doing things mostly with loopers.  For me that's experimental as you don't know until the show starts exactly what's going to happen and even then it changes as it goes.


More validation needed as the level going into SL was low.  More buttons to push but it seems like good progress.  Onward to check out the recording.

No comments: