Sunday, May 1, 2016

What Happened with Logano

The last stretch of the Talladega 500 is out as a short video clip on some news services so I've seen it.

Logano was leading Sadler by a skeeter whisker.  Sadler tried high to go around and then tried low.  On the move to the low side, Logano's car got unstable and both cars ended up smashed all to hell.

So far, there's one vote (Kannafoot, who follows NASCAR closely) for Sadler and I know he was disappointed because Cheez Whiz had the poll and what a cool thing if he took Talladega.  Unknown why that did not happen, tho.

Note:  you know who I mean but the kid's name always escapes me.

There's no vote from the Rockhouse but we know for sure every NASCAR watcher has judged that finish and has an opinion on the white hat and the black hat so we're interested in yours.


Note:  that's a vote for Sadler by a TKO because Kannafoot bases his ruling on NASCAR which says the lead goes to whomever was in front when the yellow flag was thrown.  That still doesn't say which one was wearing the black hat although the announcer was clear it was Logano's fault.  So maybe that makes it one and a half votes for Sadler as the good guy.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neither Logano nor Sadler should wear a black hat., Even though I think Logano is a,spoiled punk. Great Driver spoiled punk
Brennan Poole should have won.
The black hat goes to the official calling caution. Same scenario cost Mark Martin his Daytona win.
But Nascar has been manipulating finishes for years might explain the general malaise toward the sport presently

Unknown said...

How about the crash as I've been thinking Sadler made a mess out of Logano's air so likely that spilled him??

I guess technically you must throw a caution when the incident is sighted but, like you say, it can sure make a mess out of the finish.

Unknown said...

Kannafoot sez by 2016 rules Sadler owns it. He had the lead at the yellow so new rules say he won. Well, dis is ugly. It confirms what you said that NASCAR jacked the rules.

Anonymous said...

Kannafoot is correct but that doesnt make it right

Anonymous said...

Logano moved to make the second block and Sadler was already there.
So no ones fault

Unknown said...

Fair enough on that one.

No argument as it seems all agree throwing the yellow wasn't handled worth a damn.

Kannafoot said...

I'm going to cut the flagger some slack on this one. The crash occurred up front, and with several cars sideways on the track, they really had no choice but to throw the caution. It ducked for Poole, but at that point it's the rest of the field they had to protect. Freezing the field at that point really is the right call.

Unknown said...

Whoops, scratch that. There is not agreement but NASCAR fans love to disagree with each other. Your turn, Lotho!

Anonymous said...

Everyone has thier opinion.
Nascar followed todays rules

Unknown said...

It's a kick how NASCAR fans hardly ever agree with each other. One says I love Danica Patrick. Then she crashes into someone in the pits so you get asked how much do you love her now. Fans won't agree on the teams but they do seem to come together for opposition to restrictor plates, etc.

Anonymous said...

No attendance at Talladega suggest that either the infield party is the best in the world
Or they like the racing
I think it is the best in the world. When you see fans build a stage with a stripper pole and lights. Bring a water truck to fill hot tubs and mini pools

Unknown said...

I've heard about the infield hijinks but it's still disturbing when seeing empty seats in the stands. I know you notice that and my impression is you have been noticing it a lot.

For me, Talladega is more attractive than Mardi Gras.

Anonymous said...

I dont know about that. Nawlins is an exceptional place to go.
I dont think I would go during Mardi Gras unless I was staying on Ieberville rd

Unknown said...

Mardi Gras has never really drawn me beyond the original from "Easy Rider" ... son, that ain't no pork chop, that's US prime.

Really, tho, I probably couldn't deal with either one as I was never the same about crowds after that concert by The Who. Until I drop I will never forget the fear in one girl's eyes and you know from how it went the fear was real. It's creepy just recalling it!