Saturday, March 14, 2015

"Walking with Cat at Olympia, Greece" (video)

Mostly there is only the sound of footsteps while walking through the ruins of Olympia. There is a little bit of talking, some in German, some English, a little Greek. The language isn't important as it's an impression of walking out onto the field at the Olympics three thousand years ago. The only way to take Cat there was on my scooter so off we went.





Something you may notice is the odd rhythm to the footsteps and that comes from the foot crushage a long time ago.  I watched most of it as it was good to revisit it and the sound of the footsteps was unusual.  The video quality isn't even close to Hollywood but hopefully you get a feel for this incredible place.  It's not raw to make it seem more real as I was using the best kit I had.  The whole thing was shot with an iPad stuffed in my jacket to keep it stable.

No comments: