Thursday, March 5, 2015

About Going to Cincinnati

There was no open discussion of this as doing so would have been a blazing security violation.  The violation no longer exists as, for now, there won't be a trip up to Cincinnati.  Tinkerbell will be leaving almost at the time I would get there so it wouldn't quite work.

The security violation is going on about the new used computer and then announcing, hey, I'll be out of the house for a few days.  Yah, and don't talk about empty houses on Facebook either.

It's unusual as there hasn't been much communication really for about forty years as all the others peeled off to make babies and there isn't much to say to the one who didn't.  That isn't self-pity but rather an observation as maybe one calls me up and says, "Hey, my kid is making blue poo."

What should I say ... either you're trippin' or the kid has been eating crayons.

So there's not much I have to say about raising kids except that I'm glad I didn't have to do it.  I did take some good pics of them, tho.

After venturing out to feed the animals during the second iteration of the Great Fort Worth Blizzard of 2015, it's immediately obvious Cincinnati would have been a total bust.  There are eight to ten centimeters of snow and that's the most I've ever seen here.  When I went out to feed the critters, the snow came over the top of the slippers to get inside them.  Now try this in Cincinnati which is expecting two or three times as much snow by this afternoon.

Irony update:  it looks like Fort Worth got more snow than Cincinnati.  The difference is that here it will melt but there they will get more.

I was pretty sure I wasn't being a wuss about it and this confirmed it.  If you try to deal with snow without boots, you will definitely not have a good snow experience.  It's been so long I really don't remember when I last saw even ten centimeters of snow but it's been quite a few years.

Everything could likely have worked out except for clothes and the high in Cincinnati is lower than the low in Fort Worth.

So I'm thinking Amol India in May.  I know the Mystery Lady hates it but maybe a bit of menu review could fix that as it doesn't have to be hot.  Maybe the Cadillac Man could come down as well as everybody knows each other.

If I get one vote then that's mine as it has history going back to when Anne and Alex went there a lot.

2 comments:

Cadillac Man said...

It's not when, where or how we remember. It is that we do.

Unknown said...

Even better if it's at Amol India!