Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Gabriel's Horn Wasn't Blowing

Without masochism, you can't edit video as you have to watch the same thing a lot.  There was something missing from Gabriel as the light brings him to life a bit and that looks kind of cool ... but ... he plays the horn without making any sound.

Of course it has to make sound.

Then some actual musician stuff occurred to me as how about if there's a riff from that horn that gets restated in the coming Salvation tune.  It's just a hint of a riff and you realize later where it started.

This isn't entirely online vapor as I've tried many, many voices and found a lot of things that don't sound like the song.  There's a lot of experimentation happening but there's no way to watch this part.


(Ed:  Gabriel is not religious?)

I see him as a symbol and I mean no disrespect.  Regardless of the context, he trumpets the return of something good.  If you foresee him trumpeting the Second Coming then maybe look at what I am doing as a whisper of the future.

Of one thing I'm sure, Gabriel's trumpet does not lead to a chainsaw guitar as exists in the current video.


Yevette said she thought the volume comes up too loud and too fast and I like that as it should sneak up on you.  Here you are driving innocently driving into Fort Worth and you slowly realize where the hell is everybody.  I changed it and I do like it better.


... after recording Gabriel's trumpet ...

That turned out to be surprisingly pretty.  It's a short riff and I probably stole it from somewhere but there isn't any other song coming to me so I'm going on with it.  The trumpet fades away and the F minor drone under it continues so the trumpet riff needs to be restated with another voice only now more toward the beat and getting ready for some salvation in the Rockhouse.

Maybe I should use a tuba so I've got an instrument Voodoo doesn't play.  Ha!  There's a reason.  There must be a good reason as a tuba must be such a bitch to carry around so whomever chooses to play one must really, really dig it.


... more experimenting ...

Big fat synthy chords.  There's a lot of salvation in those for sure.  This is growing.  I'm not sure if I have anything tonight but there's definitely something developing.

No comments: