Sunday, March 8, 2015

Cadillac Man, It Was Closer this Time

This time I did see the green dot on Skype but I only just got up from the couch and this is the period in which it seems unusual that there is no-one in this two-storey house and yet I sleep on the couch.  After a few minutes of wakefulness, I graduate to the thinking that I sleep on the couch because it is there.  Couch existentialism is one of my wake-up activities the world just doesn't need to experience.

After some time I can achieve a better state of consciousness in which I start asking important questions such as why in the world do people think Kim Kardashian's fat ass is hot when the world has Diane Kruger in it and she just might have the finest backside in Hollywood, maybe the whole world.

Und, ja, Sie kann diese nicht hören aber sie ist Deutscher und war in Deutschland geboren.
(And, yes, you cannot hear this but she is German and was born in Germany.)

But don't let me tell you.  Here's Diane Kruger.  Her birth name is Diane Heidkrüger and she was born in Algermissen, Germany.




Cat, one of her grandmothers was Polish.

Polack jokes were common in America at one time but something all of them omitted was the RAF had a squadron of Polish pilots who fought in the Battle of Britain after Poland had fallen to Hitler.  That squadron was one of the bravest, most dangerous and highly-decorated in the battle.


The comedy part of this is she starred in "National Treasure" as an ardent student of American history and a staunch defender of the Declaration of Independence and she was absolutely credible in that role yet she is no more American than I.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she also did very well in Inglourious Basterds :-)

Unknown said...

You'd never guess English is a second language with her and she's also fluent in French. She has got to be one very bright woman.