Monday, March 2, 2015

Copyright Disputes on YouTube for my Videos - Updated

Not one but two of the DVD videos I uploaded to YouTube ("Illusion of Gravity," and "Extra-Crispy Christmas") have had copyright disputes filed against them.  The disputes came from two different sources.

First I'm surprised anyone wants to admit their music is like mine but there isn't any kind of a question.  There's nothing in any of the songs on either DVD that was copied from anywhere ... unless it was the bottom of a bong.

In some ways it's good as it protects 'intellectual property rights' ... but it's bad if they get it wrong and I get a take down order for my own stuff.  You know, if that does happen, there just might be a rich bitch lawsuit in it.  If there's a false charge of plagiarism, that besmirches my character and is thus compensable, yes?

(Ed:  that assumes your character is worth something)

Good point.


Update:

Both disputes have been withdrawn and there is no take-down order for any of my videos.

No comments: