Sunday, March 22, 2015

"Looking for the Spirits of Palo Duro Canyon" - Silas Scarborough (video)

"Looking for the Spirits of Palo Duro Canyon" features a drive down into the canyon and then through it.  This is a highly-interpretive vision so don't expect a travelogue ... unless you're packing mushrooms.

The music is an ambient improv from a live performance at Cat's Art MusikCircus.  It's slow getting started and deliberately but it will change, as will the visuals.

Perhaps this appears as an arbitrary assembly of dissimilar things to make art accidentally, if no other way.  I'll take the criticism but I don't accept it as the assembly is deliberate and I thought for some while about whether to use the effects.  I believe Palo Duro is an excellent place for trippin' as you're right there with the spirits from thousand of years.  The lights draw me to them and you can make your own conclusion about what happens at the end.




There was a movie called "The Trip" (or some such) from the sixties which I think was trying to show what tripping was like but it's more than what you see.  In any case, I see the retrograde aspect but there's no need to say more as there is no editorial from the video and that, I believe, is the difference.  It won't tell you anything except I hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments: