Monday, March 2, 2015

Cincinnati Concert Has Been Located - Updated

Mystery Lady reminded me of a time when she and my sister were dancing with the Rainbow Man at Burbank's Ribs on I-75.  He was an old guy but he knew very well what was happening and he sure loved to dance with younger women.  He was wearing all kinds of crazy colors and most people would chase him away but in doing that they would miss a treat.  There was video of them dancing but, sadly, I can't find it.

However, in searching for that video, I found the original mixes for the Cincinnati concert in 2009.  There are thirty-three gigabytes of concert goodness but I'm not sure why they're so fat.  For the duration and resolution, they seem outlandishly large.  I will put them into the Compressor and see what gets kicked out as the result may be agreeable for YouTube.  I don't really have to do anything as I'll drag and drop the video into the Compressor and let it work its little heart out for hours or so.

Did that so now I know the file will be almost eight gigabytes.  Who knows how long it takes to get it that way but the machine will deal with that.

So, yah, looks like two more DVDs coming.  It's a two-disc set with all from the one show.


Update:  it's now four or so hours later and the Compressor is still running.  That's one of the best things about computers is they do the work but you can take the credit for it.  So clever of us.

No comments: