Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I'm Tired of the End of the World

If you go to a kindergarten these days, you will probably find the Kinder fretting their little selves over the end of the world.  It comes at you from everywhere and the result is people stuff their faces with pies as displacement activity and the consequence is they don't die from a nuclear bomb but rather from a myocardial infarct due to obesity.

It seems everyone has that lonesome feeling ... like their father or their dog just died.  It's crap but that doesn't stop people from feeling it.  (Reference to "Everybody Knows" by Leonard Cohen)

So what if the Big One comes to California.  It would really piss off the people who lived there but in the geographic history of the planet, it's hardly significant.  Besides, listen to the music they make.  How much do you really need California anyway.  The cartographers change the maps and life goes on.

The purpose isn't to bash California, no matter how deserving it may be, as there is one Grand Cause after the other and if we don't address it then we're all going to die.  The flaw to these arguments is I've been hearing them for over sixty years and then there's one salient aspect I notice:  I ain't dead.  I've also been hearing all that time that Russians are going to kill me ... but I've still never met one.  I've met a lot of people from many countries but, so far, no murdering Russian thugs.  I think the GOP hates them because they're envious of Russian women, actually.  After all, how many GOP women ended up as Bond girls ("From Russia with Love" w/Tatiana Romanova).

"The End of the World in Fort Worth" isn't some Silas joke about marijuana-eating rabbits as I will explain this one because it's important to me to understand it for what it is.  Even if it is the end of the world ... and I seriously doubt it ... come back to the music and find yourself there.  Everything else is something you're told and you can see from the video it's trickery so tell me again what's real.  For me it's music and I hope this song / video will take you there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too! If its gonna happen-it will happen--not a thing I can do about it. I'll continue to try to make the best of life until it comes or it doesnt. ML

Unknown said...

Exactly. I'll be doing this whacked-out stuff until I drop!