Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Kid Who Sees the Future

The lad said exciting things will happen soon.

I told him I've been missing that.  I like seeing Moon landings and those kinds of incredible accomplishments.  Right now they already have nanobots doing some low-level functions inside the human body.

Lad says, man, the next hundred years will be so exciting.

I say NASA has robots flying around all over the solar system.  One approaches Ceres, another approaches Pluto, who knows how many currently check out Mars and that's only a partial list.

He says imagine it.  You saw the first launches.  A hundred years from now it changes that much more.

I said starships.  Let's see some starships.

His eyes blaze.  He does see them.


This has nothing to do with getting high as I don't recall seeing him high on anything in years.  It has a lot to do with vision and it's hugely encouraging to me that someone looks toward this.  It's not pipe dream material as that stuff sure will happen so long as people don't kill each other before then.

No comments: