Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Painting the Town Dead

Fort Worth is chosen as the city for the End of the World and regular readers have seen I don't consider the location all that photogenic.  Cat said what she saw of Fort Worth in the video looked pretty good and I hope so as it's not my intention to insult or disrespect the city.  It's a shame the end of the world happens here but, hey, I just shoot the video.  I need a few minutes up-front of this looks kind of cool but wtf is happening.  The timing worked as I had hoped as it's only a few seconds over two minutes for the cut to the Rockhouse.

Painting Fort Worth as a drag wouldn't be hard as it has no more topography than a Rick Perry brain scan but it serves no purpose to paint a picture like that.  These Texans are flatlanders.  Dunno why but they like it.  That kind of image wouldn't tell the story I want so find something else.

So now to the music.  There's some more I want to shoot but the intro music is established strongly enough to play the piece that comes out of it.  The intro is mostly a drone on F minor so that's the slam down chord to light the lasers.

Or not ...

The lasers don't have to get immediately in your face as the last scene on the road gets all sci-fi with green lights all over the place so that either flows into what happens in the Rockhouse or it gets up in your face with everything at once.  I have the ability to change the laser patches live so why not use it.  Start out with green lasers and then ... ka-boom.

There's not much to be said beyond that other than do it.  What's driving me the fastest to get this done is I really don't like at all the match with the song that follows in the draft version.  It has the lights but it is so much not the music I want.  Therefore ... make some.

No comments: