Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Sister Julie CD Project - Updated

There is no possible way of putting more stuff on the CD as only about a minute of CD capacity is left.  This is the playlist:

  1. Making Rainbows HD
  2. It's for You A&J
  3. On a Grecian Morning - Use most recent instead
  4. Drifting
  5. Finding my Way - Remix
  6. Waiting on a Peace Train
  7. Too Much or Not Enough - Maybe original is better
  8. Silas TechnoHypnoGroove Christmas Song
  9. Ice Cream Blues - Maybe original is better
  10. There Will Come a Time
  11. Symphony for Cat
  12. On the Road with a Mouse and a Chicken
  13. I Love Rats - Probably fired
  14. And Darkness Falls - Probably fired

That feels like a pretty good collection from quite old to brand-new.  The way it flows seems about right.  It is not mastered, meaning volume levels may not be consistent from one song to the next.  I'll review that but I don't think it's a huge deal.  If anything needs attention then I'll fix it but there won't be some big deal project for that.

This is not online vapor as the first CD has already been burned.

Update:  that CD is now history based on review.  The order of the songs is changed for a better flow and some may not be acceptable because the mix isn't right and it was recorded live so there's no way to fix it.  Releasing it will cost eighty bucks so it's a hard requirement for zero suck tunes.  This is such a pain in the ass that I'm not likely to do it again so it has to be right.  Playing is as much of a gas as ever but screwing around with recording is massive suck.  There is good progress as the overall play / feel of the CD is clear and it's not half of them with questions against them.  This will happen, just not as quickly as my initial fantasy imagined.


A CD needs a whizzy graphic and an inexplicable title.  I like the graphic but the title makes sense so that will never do.  Here's the first shot at a graphic:  (the image won't change but the text may)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cover! ML

Unknown said...

Thank you! I talked to Cat about it and, get this, she says do you really need to say Cat's Art MusikCircus when Welcome to the Circus says much more. In an age of selfies she says don't look at me. She's right and I'll change it as my thinking was plugging the Circus can't be bad but that's not really the point.

It's the same way you were with the Cincinnati show when you were insisting this is not about me. That kind of selflessness is rare and I'd be a better person if there were more of it in me.