Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Taxman Trusts in God

The taxman, here in Tarrant County, TX, wants your money ... and he also wants to tell you about God.

On the front the letter looks like a normal business letter from the tax department.  On the back it reads 'In God We Trust.'  This is confusing to me as which side do I believe.


There's a store just down the street that advertises CASH 4 GOLD.  The store is owned by the Love Brothers and that's on the front of the store as well.  I really, really meant to get a pic just now but there was too much traffic to break out at the right place.


Just down the street there's an aqua ... or maybe it's chartreuse, I don't really know ... Statue of Liberty and she has a sign saying Free $50 (for going to a tax service, crack dealer, donut shop or something).  I guess if she charges for taking her picture then I can tell her to take it out of the fifty bucks.


Every state has stuff like this.  Rhode Island has a Giant Blue Bug on top of a business where it can be seen easily from the highway.  I have never determined whether the business kills the bugs or sells more of them.

Welcome to New England.

We don't get it with the hat, tho.  Maybe it's a New England Patriots hat but my first thought on seeing it is Pittsburgh Pirates.

Tip:  never wear a Yankees hat in New England.  Just don't.  Ever.

No comments: