Monday, March 23, 2015

Cat Didn't Hate It

"Looking for the Spirits of Palo Duro Canyon" is the latest video effort and I thought Cat would consider the interpretation excessive and hate it ... but she surprised me and liked it.

Part of the basis for the use of high effects in the video is that I would have thrown it otherwise.  Driving through the canyon looks ok but it wasn't engaging enough on its own to have any particular value, at least not to me.

As to video reflecting music, this doesn't as it worked the other way around.  I've got eight minutes or so of HD video so what do I do with it.

The music for it is another "Song X" from Cat's Art MusikCircus and it wouldn't ordinarily get much attention because it takes a long time to get started.  That's fine for the approach to the canyon but then it gets spooky and strange which is also fine as the history of Palo Duro goes back ten or fifteen thousand years, possibly longer.  (Wiki:  Palo Duro Canyon)

There are places of spiritual power on the planet and the question always with me is would you feel this if you had not known about it already.  It's so strong in Tennessee that it's almost unmistakeable and so it is with Palo Duro ... but I knew that before I went there.

The answer is I don't know and that's why this particular music.  Hopefully that answer is satisfying to you.

No comments: