Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Where Was George in Selma

There was lots of attention given to the 50th anniversary of Bloody Sunday in Selma and there was a particular note of Obama speaking to those who gathered.  I have not heard the speech but I read it was a good one.

The purpose of the article isn't to remark on who was there but rather who wasn't.  Everything I saw gave the impression that no-one from the GOP attended.

Not true.

Nowhere was it mentioned George Bush would be in attendance.

He was.

Bullshit news frosts my goznitch no matter who is doing it.  I don't see any particular difference in bullshit news regardless of whether it starts on the left or the right as the product has the same nasty smell when it reaches me.


I'm told about 25% of the congressional attendees in Selma were from the GOP and the presence of George Bush isn't a question.


Omitting things is as much propaganda as inventing things which are not true as the effect is the same.  The coverage, by omission of GOP presence, gives the impression the GOP was not represented and that's false.

Out here on the street, we call bullshit.


I don't support the GOP and I never have but I support bullshit news even less.  This is the stuff that keeps glorified paperboys like Bill O'Reilly in business.

No comments: