Thursday, April 30, 2015

How to Get Music Happening with the iMac Down

There's someone responding to my questions but she ought to go back to baking cookies as she knows nothing about debugging systems.  The latest was to log a 'panic attack' (i.e. type of Apple failure) with Apple.  Here's the beauty part:  the log goes to the same place that has been wasting my time with their insane fishing trips.

So, with the iMac down for some indeterminate period, the laptop is the sole survivor.  However, that does not necessarily kill back tracks as it's possible to drive them with an iPad.  It's a blazing nuisance using those stupid things but it will work.  It's conceivable the iPad will be back here next week.

Even without the iPad, there can still be a show but it most likely means only the looper can be used. There's some merit to this as if I do abandon the computers then this is exactly what I would do in Germany.

So, things are in chaos but I am always thinking of how to play another set for Cat.  To do a back-to-back show with Vandengroef makes it all the cooler.  Even without the iMac, I believe the show next week can happen.  It's not the show I want to do but, ok, do some musician stuff.  Make something up.

Many things are crushing depressing but the music must not stop.  That is one dead-solid promise.

No comments: