Sunday, April 12, 2015

"A Pigment of My Fascination" (Silas CD - Released) - Updated

Update:  delivery to CD Baby is complete and it should appear on iTunes within the next few days.




"A Pigment of My Fascination" song list
  • Making Rainbows
  • It's For You
  • On a Grecian Morning
  • Finding My Way
  • Drifting
  • Waiting on a Peace Train in Cincinnati
  • Too Much or Not Enough
  • Ice Cream Blues at the Circus
  • There Will Come
  • Silas TechnoHypnoGroove Christmas Song
  • Symphony for Cat at the Circus
  • On the Road with a Mouse and a Chicken

I will release it to iTunes via CD Baby shortly.  It's sixty bucks to release it plus twenty bucks for a scan tag which is beautifully ludicrous for something that will never go near an actual CD store.  Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure iTunes requires one.

"Eyes of the Raven" is screaming to be included but it doesn't fit with the flow.  Plus it was the thirteenth song and I didn't have room for fourteen.

This is a classically futile gesture as no-one will see it but releasing it is important for other reasons as I do it now or I probably won't.  I've screwed myself for the month in four days, a possible record, but there is method.


Sister Julie, hopefully you will see this and I'll burn a CD immediately on getting a mailing address.  Best way to send it is via email to me@icloud.com and use alanfraser for the account.

As to paying for it, I'm staying with the tips only approach and I'll put the Donate button back on the sidebar.  I don't think it's even possible to give it away on iTunes but that's secondary.  It's also ironic as the physical CD has better audio.


Everything I can do I am doing.  If there is anything I am not doing it's because there's a reason for it but talking about things I can't do makes no more sense than talking about why I can't fly a rocketship to the Moon.  Probably you could fly one to the Moon, tho, right.  All they do is sit there, don't they.


One possibly obvious omission in the song list is "There's Something About Marigolds" but there wasn't room for it. "I Love Rats" is also not there and that's a shame as it's a dumb song but it's huge fun.  It also remains the primary theme as ultimately everything is about "Flowers for Algernon."  But it should be re-recorded to start with church bells anyway.

(Ed:  why?)

Do you think they toll for a rat.

If there's eighty minutes of stuff I think doesn't suck then I will try to release another one.

No comments: