Thursday, April 30, 2015

Massive Discontent over Apple OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 #yosemiteproblems #apple

Check out Twitter if you're interested as there's a snowstorm of bitching about the poor quality of the Yosemite 10.10.3 release.

Tim Cook would do well to stop talking about his boring sex life and start bringing Apple back to the standard Jobs had set.  He has a long way to go.

I can't emphasize strongly enough:  do NOT install OS X Yosemite 10.10.3.  Yosemite 10.10.4 is in beta now but even that may just make things worse.  Go very very slowly with the new Apple.  It isn't what it was.

I am in serious danger of losing all my videos as there's no way to backout the changes.  I can restore the OS but I cannot restore terabytes of videos I've made.  Don't do this to yourself.  Final Cut 10.2 looks sexy but it's a trap.  WAIT for stability.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is "Ted Cook"?

Unknown said...

Crazy Eddie did that. The error has now been corrected.

Meanwhile, the problem has been evolving. The last remaining variables at Yosemite 10.10.3 choking on a Thunderbolt- Firewire adapter or a Sabrent USB 3.0 hub, neither of which is in use now and the system is stable.