Sunday, April 19, 2015

"Death as Considered in the Carefully Modulated Limelight of Indifference" (CD title)

Try as I might, I have never managed to top "Death as Considered in the Carefully Modulated Limelight of Indifference" for whackjob titles.  That title doesn't exactly work with Nipple Girl in the pic (Ithaka blog link), tho.  If she's dead then, fuck it, let me die and get there too.

I tell you again she is not Cat although she does look like her.  Nipple Girl (I won't tell you her name) is something I created years before I met Cat so you tell me how much prescience was involved in that.

The title of "The Flight of a Passing Fancy" can't be used or would make no sense to use as the Squirrel Nut Zippers used something similar for a song title.  Although the words are the same, they don't have quite the same meaning but the appearance of sameness is enough to kill it.

That's ok.  Move along, move along.

I'm not going to put up multiple copies of Nipple Girl as it would only excite you too much.  My Current Pretentious Title of the Day might work for the ever so compelling Mystifying Contrast.  What does it mean, what does it mean?

Tip:  nothing.  It just likes to ask what does it mean, what does it mean.  We suspect Monty Python ancestry.

By the way, if Nipple Girl ever tries a hoax then Cat is in on it as she's the only other person in the Universe who knows her name.


Note:  the paper got an A- and was judged by multiple professors as my ol' Dad was the instructor.  He cut my name off the cover sheet and passed it around for others to grade as he didn't think he could keep his own bias out of it.


The Runner-Up

"Рапсодия в оттенках серого"  ("Rhapsody in Shades of Grey" ... in Russian)

I would consider this one further but I hate Russian cinema, everyone dies.  Hence, the shades of grey.  Yuri never got to Lara and then he dies.

Fark.  Two people did die on this CD.  There are two songs from wakes.  Neither of them are funereal but people really did die.  Hmmm.


It may seem the title disrespects the people for whom the songs were trying to show some love so the first title may have just hit the skids with this one.

Hmmm ...

No comments: