Thursday, April 30, 2015

General Revised Plan on the iMac with Yosemite 10.10.3 and Final Cut 10.2

Apple has been useless and the videos cannot be read by a lower level of Final Cut so they are lost.  Final Cut support never even contacted me back.

The new and improved plan is to initialize the computer to Mavericks and sell it.   Apple is so far beyond useless that the videos cannot be salvaged.  An older version of Final Cut cannot read Final Cut 2.0 format videos so they're all gone.

With the computer out of it, the music goes RL and, ideally, to Germany.


The perspective may improve if I find anyone capable of reading Apple diagnostics but I don't see any diagnostic log since Final Cut 2.0 was installed so apparently the system crashes so hard that it can't even capture the dump.  It crashes every time it sleeps.  This computer is almost completely non-functional.


Apple keeps saying do a clean install but that's pointless without definitive proof it will be useful and there's nothing.  They just play guessing games.  If I debugged a system like this in the mainframe days, I would have been fired before the day was over ... and I would have deserved it.


The situation is massively depressing but what isn't depressing at all is playing live for Cat with her in front of me and no need for computers, Internet or any of the other CIA-controlled crappery of the modern world.  To play live for Cat for real would be worth burning every video I ever made.  I'll hate Apple until I die but so what.  With what Cook does with them they will be just another version of Mattel Toy Company before much longer.  Judging by their system support, they already are.

No comments: