Sunday, April 19, 2015

"Ride the Dragon - Live" (audio podcast)

"Ride the Dragon - Live" is the song that's been eating my feet since some while.  It's now uploaded to the Ride the Dragon podcast.  Journalists often feel the need to show you they know the word 'eponymous' and that's precious, honey.  So do I.

(Ed:  how should you sell a song after you give it away?)

I'll answer your question with a question and raise you one.  Why should I change what I have always done in the off-chance someone will someday buy it.  So, how should I know if anyone will and is that a good enough reason anyway.

If you have no money then you cannot buy my music.  That blows and I've always given away my stuff so this is the bangin'est song on CD 2 that (sob) still doesn't have a final name yet and it's on the podcast now.

And I tell you that anyone subscribed to the podcast can easily download the song.  I also tell you the song is transcoded at 160K which is good but not excellent.  I finally tell you the CD copy is much better quality.  Therefore, anyone who still buys it really fookin' loved it and that's the finest kind of buy of all.

(Ed:  you test people?)

I test my music.  If it can't hack it then (cough) that dragon don't ride.


Geekishness:

For EQ, I spread out the waveform to get enough resolution to see detail and then I watch it play out while I listen to it.  This is why I get so bent if I'm interrupted as this is total Find the God Particle concentration.  Nothing is allowed to piss me off in the song or I kill it.  I need to hear, as much as possible, every frequency within the spectrum, and I have to hear it flat and be sure I don't artificially (i.e. subconsciously or so) boost something and hear it wrong.

The mix is probably not final but, if not, it's very close.

No comments: