Sunday, April 26, 2015

No Mash in the Mix at the Moment

No immediate news on development of "Ride the Dragon" as various complexities exist in The Force just now but the biggest deal is that playing music that loud for a long time sets the ears to ringing like a village church bell in Greece on a Sunday morning.  It's a single frequency that's about a high E on guitar (not 12th fret but 24th).  It's unusual as that's not a note one usually plays and yet that's the one that rings.  Hearing in other ranges is somewhat affected but nothing like that one frequency.  I never wanted to be a doctor but I do see the fascination.  Why that one frequency ... what does that?

Note:  you can hear that church bell for kilometers.  It rings out all over the countryside and it's charming in a way I had never heard before.

There's no question what I do is ear abusive but nothing else gives the presence.  I will back off when the 'audio pressure' registers a red line toward ear damage but, short of that, I ain't stoppin'.  After this long it's not going to deafen me whereas the real variable is that single frequency.  It goes louder if I play more and fades somewhat after I give it a rest.

The importance of this is to young grasshoppers with their earphones as they will turn your ears into tapioca.  I've done hammering, abusive sound levels all my life and earphones are absolutely deadly for that.  If you want it loud then do it but do NOT do it with headphones.


So, the news activity on the development is contingent on more variables than whether I'm a lazy ass stoner.  One item I'm considering is an off-the-wall surprise video.  iMovie is awful but I can process simple video with it.  Yevette knows of the objective as there were some questions about doing it but I want it to be a surprise to anyone else.  Um, you did what?  You took Cat where?

I'm sure the weather is right, time is right, cameras ready, check.  Whether it can happen is contingent on other complexities in The Force just now.  I'm surfing waves of weird at this time but the stunt could still happen.


Whoa, epiphany!  I wonder if this could happen for free if I tell the owner I will pump up the place with YouTube video.  If that's possible then I would take three cameras for it.  iMovie can edit three video tracks, it just can't do the really cool stuff.  Man, this could be so damn funny.

It's got to happen.  Thinking of it with three cameras is cracking me up.  I have got to see this.  It's not about music.  It could have been about alpacas but they were here a month ago.  It could have been, tho.

I've got to do it.  I'm dyin' to tell you but it will somewhat blow it if I do.  Yep, definitely has to happen.  It's early and my aim is clear so it just might be today.

No comments: