Friday, February 22, 2013

Shooting Video in Pyrgos

I tried again today to get some good video in Pyrgos but there wasn't much traffic so it wouldn't have been that amusing to watch.  It might be the best on the Monday morning as that, I think, is when it enjoys the heaviest traffic and it is seriously hilarious to ride in it!  So long as you follow the rules, you won't get hurt but the first rule is there are no rules except don't get killed!  Besides, between 2:00 pm and 2:30 there are no cops working!

The reason for going was that my sister, Anne on Facebook, helped me with my dentist bill and I'm deeply appreciative of it as there hasn't been much progress any other way.   So going to see the dentist was the first thing to do this morning.  The bill is slowly whittling down and paying it off means freedom.  There has been no luck selling the iMac as the Greek taste leans toward portability so they want laptops.  That's an expensive taste as they cost more and they have less power but so it goes.

Here's the beauty part:  my dentist asked me to dinner!  What dentist ever asks anyone to dinner!  She is a very cool lady and she said her husband is from the UK and he is interested to meet this maniac mutt from America, UK, Australia, or wherever the hell!

There's a cruise ship in port in Katakolo just now and the weather was quite nice and warm this morning but, sure as hell, rain is coming so I'm thinking it's best to wait for another day on that.  There are many more cruise ships to come and even in Winter I've seen more than one in port at once.  I will get video but I want it to be extra cool for you.

Yesterday morning sucked and "The Moon in Diamonds" is what a migraine looks like.  Not everyone gets the visual effect but it's quite pronounced in me and it will start as a small distortion that grows until I can't see much of anything.  I have learned that if I stop whatever I am doing immediately and find someplace dark and silent then I may escape the headache and that's a big thing as aspirin won't stop that type of headache and it will go for days.  Besides, I don't have any aspirin (laughs).

The above isn't an apology for the content of what I wrote yesterday but it is, to some extent, an apology for the tone of it.  I'm very torn on writing about darkness as I do see art in it but it takes a major artist to portray it in a way that has any value.   One example is Munch's "Scream" which may be one of the most famous pieces if darkness can be said to have a genre.  Read the Wiki on "Der Schrei der Natur" (it's in English and Munch was Norwegian but influenced and was influenced by German artists).

No comments: