Thursday, February 14, 2013

"I Love Rats 2013" (audio podcast)

"I Love Rats 2013" is the latest incarnation of some madness I've been playing for a couple of years and which is more fun to play than anything I ever did, mostly because it's total brainless carnage for nothing but the fun of it.  The premise is complex too:  if you can love rats then you can love anything, right!  So, go forth and love everything around you!

This is a 160 bpm rampage but it's not an all-night rampage is I held it to just under four minutes.  I figure that's just enough rampaging and then stop before you get tired of rat love!

Success with this song was defined from the outset as people calling out for "I Love Rats" in a real-life concert and, sure as hell, they did when I played the big show in Cincinnati!  Maybe you don't regard that as much of a musical achievement but I thought it was hilarious!

As with all of them lately, it was recorded using a Boss GT-100 effects / amplifier simulator and Boss RC-50 looper and everything is done in one pass to record in one take.  The only guitar I use is a Godin xtSA because the ebony fingerboard makes it the sexiest guitar I have ever played and I've played a lot of them.

The waveform for the recording is sexy too, so long as you enjoy S&M, as it has beautiful spikes all over it which means zero clipping for the best audio goodness.

"I Love Rats 2013" is available for free on the Ride the Dragon podcast now and you can link to it directly to play it immediately and skip the podcast page.

No comments: