Monday, February 18, 2013

"Rain for Olympia" - Riding a Scooter in Greece with Rock Road Music (video)

In "Rain for Olympia," the intention was to capture video of the ride to the ruins in Olympia.  It was beautifully sunny when I started.  Soon after I saw darkness in the distance and about fifteen minutes later the rain started falling.  There was no point in continuing as I wasn't wearing a rain suit and I still had another twenty minutes or so to go.  Still, the video was captured for the ride and I didn't want to throw it out so this is the result.




Hopefully there is a metaphor with some poignance in the visual and the sequence of the songs and maybe you will get a tingle out of riding in Pyrgos in the turnaround when I give up the ride:
  • "I Love Rats (live)" - Recorded at the Cincinnati concert a few years ago. Great enthusiasm at the start of the journey
  • "Imagine" (studio cover)
  • "Send Me an Angel" (studio cover)
  • "Too Much or Not Enough" - Performing with the Mystery Lady singing harmony and recorded at the Cincinnati concert.
The ride starts out with excited optimism and "I Love Rats" goes straight to that.  By the end of the song it has turned dark and the songs change with "Too Much or Not Enough" finishing it with a ride back into the sun.  The video runs twenty minutes but hopefully there is a story in it for you.

There is a studio version of "I Love Rats 2013" that was recorded about a week ago and that's in a subsequent article.

No comments: