Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Road to Olympia

On the road there wasn't a sign of Bob Hope or Bing Crosby anywhere.  Honk if you get that!

The plan was sound as the sun was shining beautifully and the weather forecast was for clear skis all day.  Even some of my clothes dried!  The temperature was even up a bit so this seemed quite a good day for a ride to Olympia for video.

At least it was a good idea until it started raining less than fifteen minutes after I started.

Nevertheless, I captured the ride on video and it runs for just over thirty minutes.  The rain started just before I got to Pyrgos so I turned around there and came back using a different highway.

Editing thirty minutes of video is kind of brutal as any music video usually only runs three to maybe ten.  The ride isn't by itself all that breathtaking but I've been considering what road music I can add to it.  The reason for uploading it is that you will be able to see the weather is beautiful until a short time later when it's raining again!

There's a bit of riding in Pyrgos that may get me busted with Cat but they all ride between the cars.  If you don't do it you will have annoyed scooter riders behind you tooting their horns and you bet they will drive over the top of you!

So, I didn't make it to Olympia but at least I gave it a shot and I will definitely try again.

No comments: