Thursday, February 28, 2013

"MuFoOFu" is Coming Right Along

There are many chords and changes in this one and it's taking a little bit to decide which parts I want to loop and which parts play straight through.  The biggest problem and also one of the biggest reasons for using the looper is that playing chords is quite a good reminder that breaking your thumb is a really stupid thing to do!

Would that this were a spectacular ski story but it isn't.  There was a Union general in the American Civil War who said to one of his soldiers, "Son, they couldn't hit a barn at this distance," and the next shot that came in shot him dead, right off his horse.

So, when you think you're safe cruising up to the ski lift, you ain't.  I tripped on something and took a fall.  That happens all the time in skiing but I put my hand out to stop myself and, pop, my thumb broke.  I didn't know it was broken, I just knew it hurt and said to Lotho, hey, I think something might be messed up here.  He said, dude, stop being such a pussy so we kept on skiing.  Sure as hell, it was busted (laughs).

The doctor remarked when he set it up that he would have pinned it if I were a concert pianist.  That line has brought a smile many times as I know I'm no Van Cliburn but a guitarist pushes one hell of a lot harder on the back of the neck of the guitar than a pianist ever hits the keys!  If I play chords for very long then you'll hear whining that will make you want to take me out and shoot me like a dog (laughs).

(Ed:  you're whining right now!)

Yah, I know.  Roll with it (laughs).  I thought it was worth it for the story as it amuses me that the most dumb-ass things can end up haunting you for decades!

No comments: